Volunteers in Western Victoria are receiving a welcome funding boost as part of a state-wide investment in new emergency services equipment by the Andrews Labor Government.
Minister for Emergency Services, Lisa Neville recently announced 294 new grants totalling more than $13.75 million as part of the 2019–20 Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP).
Labor Member for Western Victoria, Gayle Tierney today congratulated the thirty-two emergency service organisations in Western Victoria on their successful grant application.
Ms Tierney thanked the organisations for their ongoing dedication and support to the community and said the grants will make it easier for them to continue their great work.
The program funds operational equipment, in addition to vehicles, trucks, tankers, watercraft, trailers and minor facility upgrades.
Beneficiaries of the grant include: (see list below)
Under the VESEP, the Government matches every $1 paid by volunteer groups with a $2 co-contribution.
The grants are open to organisations across the state, including the Country Fire Authority, Life Saving Victoria, Victoria State Emergency Service, Marine Search and Rescue units and other volunteer emergency services agencies.
Government contributions for this year include just over $10 million for volunteer CFA brigades and $2.36 million for SES units.
Marine Search and Rescue units will receive $289,259, along with a $791,008 contribution to Life Saving Victoria clubs.
For more information about the VESEP, visit the Emergency Management Victoria website – emv.vic.gov.au
Quotes attributable to Member for Western Victoria, Gayle Tierney
“The volunteers in Western Victoria make a vital contribution to our emergency services, responding to many incidents every year.”
“Through the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment program, we’re providing our brigades, clubs and units with the essential equipment they need to carry out their work.”
“I’d like to thank all of our amazing volunteer groups for their hard work and congratulate the successful applicants in the 2019–20 round of VESEP grants.”
- Corangamite CFA – Field Command Vehicle for replacement vehicle
- Duverney CFA – Defibrillator and Engel Fridge Freezer
- Garvoc CFA – 8 x 5 Galvanised Trailer
- Larpent CFA – Motorised Roller Door
- Peterborough CFA – Wooden Honour Board
- Teesdale CFA – Storage Shed
- Winchelsea CFA – Ultra Light Tanker
- Wingeel CFA – Installation of TV and Mobile Antenna
- Wurdale CFA – Audio Visual Equipment
- Wye River CFA – Station Quick Pump
- Yeodene CFA – 8 KVA Genset
- Anglesea SLSC – IRB Motor, 3x3m shade frames with cover, wall, sandbags, 12 A Frame patrol and beach signs, Purchase of extra radio equipment
- Apollo Bay SLSC – Holden Colorado 4×4, Canam Defender 4×4, 5 Tohatsu 25hp Outboard Engines and 2 IRB Fuel Cells
- Fairhaven SLSC – IRB Motors & Ancillary Equipment, IRB Beach Trailer, ATV Window, Beach Patrol Shelters, Upgrade Security & Access System, Upgrade Operational Storage System
- Lorne SLSC – Mixture of required patrol and first aid equipment, including: Rescue Boards, Radio Bags, Patrol Signs, IRB, Fuel Cells, ATV, Generator, Generator electrical works/install, Patrol Trailer, First Aid room refurb, Patrol Tower renovations
- Colac VICSES – Replacement Crew Cab
- Mortlake VICSES – 4×4 Twin Cab Replacement
South West Region:
- Bessiebelle CFA – Generator & Tool Kit
- Broadwater CFA – Hot Water Service and Wash Trough
- Cape Bridgewater CFA – Ultra Light Tanker
- Cashmore CFA – Shed
- Drumborg CFA – Power Point and Smart Board Projector
- Gorae West CFA – Defibrillator
- Heywood CFA – Conference Chairs, Trestle Tables, Gated Y and Root Soaker
- Narrawong CFA – Defibrillator
- Nelson CFA – Defibrillator
- Woodford CFA – Television & Laptop
- Woolsthorpe CFA – Water Tanks
- Port Fairy VICSES – Replace 2004 Trailer for ATV
- Portland VICSES – Light Rescue Vehicle
- Portland Coast Guard VF17 (AVCGA) – Radio Room Antenna and New Radio Masts; U-SAFE R/Controlled self-propelled life ring; 1 x LW Tank Filling Air Compressor, 2 x Adreno Dive Cylinders; 8 x Rescue Laser (light) Flares for PFD
- Warrnambool Coast Guard VF16 (AVCGA) – Waterproof Drone and Associated Equipment; Wireless Intercom System, including headsets; Image Stabilised Binoculars