Grassroots sports clubs in the Colac Otway Shire are unlocking their potential by securing grants of up to $2,000 to help with the operation of their club.
Member for Western Victoria, Gayle Tierney MP today announced that 12 clubs in the Colac Otway Shire had received grants under the Andrews Labor Government’s Sporting Club Grants Program, helping them expand their skills and strengthen their operations.
A total of just under $20,000 was provided to clubs in Colac Otway Shire. The successful clubs were:
– Colac & District Cricket Association – $2,000 for first aid training for coaches and $1,000 for new equipment.
– Colac Football Netball Club – $2,000 for first aid training for the Club’s women’s team and $997 for new equipment.
– Colac Sport Trainers Group – $2,000 for first aid training and $1,000 for new equipment.
– Irrewarra Beeac Football Netball Club Inc. – $2,000 for first aid training for our volunteer trainers.
– Colac Pony Club – $1,000 for new equipment.
– Cressy Bowling Club – $1,000 for new uniforms.
– Skills Connection – $1,000 for new equipment.
– Stoneyford Cricket Club – $1,000 for new uniforms.
– Birregurra Golf Club – $1,000 for new uniforms.
– Colac Braves Baseball Club – $1,000 for new uniforms.
– Wye River Surf Life Saving Club – $860 for new equipment.
– Kawarren Tennis Club – $696 for new equipment.
The Sporting Club Grants Program gives clubs the chance to secure grants of up to $5000 to bolster operations and increase community participation, and $2000 to expand the skill sets of coaches or officials, for training such as first aid courses or umpires’ accreditation programs.
Grants of up to $1000 are also available for clubs to buy new team uniforms or equipment.
The program is part of the Andrews Labor Government’s work to make sport more accessible and inclusive, increase local participation, stimulate local economies, and build sustainable volunteer opportunities.
Applications for the next round of the four-year fund will open on 14 June 2016. For more information or to apply online, visit www.sport.vic.gov.au
Quotes attributable for Gayle Tierney MP, Member for Western Victoria:
“Sport is such a big part of community here in the Colac Otway Shire, with local sports and club facilities bringing together people of all walks of life to nurture the next generation of home-grown heroes.”
“The Andrews Labor Government is working hard to make sport accessible to more people, helping builder stronger communities, stimulate local economies and create jobs.”
“I congratulate the successful applicants, and encourage clubs and state sporting associations in Western Victoria to make the most of these new grants when applications for the next round later this year.”