Grassroots sports clubs throughout Western Victoria are getting the equipment, skills and expertise they need to grow and be more competitive.
Labor Member for Western Victoria, Gayle Tierney today announced 14 grassroots sporting clubs would share in more than $750,000 from the latest round of the Andrews Labor Government’s Sporting Club Grants Program.
The Sporting Club Grants Program is helping more people of all ages and abilities to get involved in grassroots sports and get active.
There are grants for new modern uniforms and equipment, along with grants providing training programs for coaches, officials and volunteers.
In Western Victoria, successful grant recipients include:
- Apollo Bay Football Club – $1000 for uniforms
- Warrion Cricket Club – $1000 for uniforms
- City United Cricket Club – $1000 for equipment
- Colac Leisure Runners Inc – $997 for equipment
- Colac West Cricket Club Inc – $1000 for uniforms
- Irrewarra Cricket Club Inc – $1000 for uniforms
- Pomborneit Cricket Club – $985 for equipment
- Cobden Basketball – $500 for equipment
- Corangamite Lions Football Club Inc – $1000 for uniforms
- Inverleigh Golf Club Inc – $1000 for equipment
- Bannockburn Football & Netball Club Inc – $1000 for uniforms
- East Framlingham Golf Club – $1000 for uniforms
- Mortlake Bowls Club Inc – $1000 for uniforms
- Woorndoo-Mortlake Football Netball Club Inc – $1000 for uniforms
The Sporting Club Grants Program is part of the Labor Government’s work to make sport more accessible and inclusive, support clubs and volunteers and boost participation at the grassroots level.
This comes on top of the Labor Government’s $120 million Community Sports Infrastructure Fund which is upgrading tired grounds and ageing pavilions, and building female-friendly change rooms across the state.
For more information on the Sporting Club Grants Program visit www.sport.vic.gov.au
Quotes attributable to Member for Western Victoria, Gayle Tierney MP
“Grassroots sports clubs are the heart and soul of many towns throughout Western Victoria. They bring people together and create healthier, happier and more united communities.”
“We know the cost of uniforms or equipment can often stop kids from playing the sport they love – this funding exists to break down this barrier.”
“From new team uniforms to coaching programs, we’re giving grassroots sports clubs in Western Victoria the support they need to grow their ranks and help more people than ever play the sports they love.”