Volunteers in Western Victoria are receiving a welcome funding boost, thanks to the Andrews Labor Government.
Minister for Emergency Services, James Merlino recently announced the outcome of the 2017-18 Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program, delivering grants to 300 successful applicants.
Labor Member for Western Victoria, Gayle Tierney today congratulated the 26 emergency service organisations in Western Victoria on their successful grant application.
Beneficiaries of the grant include: (see list below)
This is a total contribution of $1,091,253 for emergency volunteers in Western Victoria.
Emergency services volunteers across the state will share in $13 million in grants to help them keep Victorian communities safe.
The program funds operational equipment, including vehicles, trucks, tankers, watercraft, trailers and minor facility upgrades.
Across Victoria the grants package assists all our emergency services volunteer organisations, including:
- $9.55 million for volunteer CFA brigades
- $2.05 million for SES units
- More than $750,000 for Life Saving Victoria clubs
- More than $320,000 for the Australian Volunteer Coast Guard Association
- Almost $290,000 for other volunteer organisations
- Almost $50,000 to cover additional costs incurred by volunteers.
The Labor Government is also allocating almost $2.5 million in state-wide initiatives. For more information about the grants, visit the Emergency Management Victoria website: https://www.emv.vic.gov.au/
Quotes attributable to Member for Western Victoria Gayle Tierney MP
“Our amazing volunteers in Western Victoria do an incredible job protecting the local community and they deserve nothing but the best equipment.”
“I’m really pleased that we are able to provide these 26 organisations with over $1,091,253 in grants to continue protecting the community.”
“I congratulate all our grant recipients on the time they give and hope that this funding boost assists them in the outstanding job they do in keeping the community safe.”
Colac Otway Shire Region:
- Otway SES – $57,378 for replacement vehicle
- Colac SES – $46,403 for building extension
- Wye River SLSC – $46,667 for a facility upgrade, including renovation of change rooms, bunkhouse and infrastructure
- Barongarook CFA – $2,333 for a projector
- Colac CFA – $7,667 for a thermal imaging camera
- Gellibrand CFA – $2,143 for computer and IT equipment
Corangamite Shire Region:
- Timboon CFA – $123,833 for an additional vehicle (Big Fill)
Moyne Shire Region:
- Mortlake SES – $6,778 for building refurbishment, including installation of an air conditioner and exterior painting
- Woorndoo CFA – $842 for operational equipment
South West Region:
- Warrnambool SES – $50,837 for replacement vehicle
- Warrnambool SLSC – $26,229 for replacement rescue boards, tubes, trailer and equipment, as well as building modifications
- Condah CFA – $30,000 for an Ultra Light Tanker
- Drumborg CFA – $1,089 for additional equipment, including safety equipment
- Gorae West CFA – $2,333 for an upgrade of facilities to enhance volunteer amenities
- Koroit CFA – $3,031 for the supply and installation of audio visual equipment
- Toolong CFA – $4,933 for a ride on mower
- Warnambool AVCGA – $30,000 to upgrade existing Search and Rescue Vessel
Surf Coast Shire Region:
- Modewarre CFA – $310,000 for a Medium Tanker
- Winchelsea SES – $30,009 for building refurbishment
- Fairhaven SLSC – $33,333 for purchase of ATV, IRB trailer and IRB motors
- Jan Juc SLSC – $43,086 for replacement rescue boards, IRB, IRB motors and general equipment
- Torquay SLSC – $8,753 for storage solutions for deteriorating equipment
- Winchelsea CFA – $38,227 for a Field Command Vehicle
- Wurdale CFA – $4,233 for a quick fill pump
- Torquay CFA – $13,714 for a double garage
Golden Plains Shire Region:
- Stonehaven CFA – $170,000 for a Light Tanker – crew cab
- Wingeel CFA – $2,335 to upgrade facilities to enhance volunteer amenities