Local kindergartens in Victoria’s south west are set to benefit from new and improved laptops and tablets as part of the Andrews Labor Government’s latest kindergarten grants round.
Member for Western Victoria, Gayle Tierney said 14 Kindergartens would share in $1.64 million through this year’s Children’s Facilities Capital Program minor grants round.
The kindergartens will receive Information technology grants of up to $1,500 to purchase desktops, laptops, tablets and televisions used for either learning programs or administration use.
- Good Start Early Learning Portland – $1500
- Good Start Early Learning Dennington – $1500
- Good Start Early Learning Warrnambool – $1500
- Allansford & District Preschool – $1285
- Beamish Street Kindergarten – $1285
- Central Kindergarten Warrnambool – $1285
- City Kindergarten – $1285
- Dennington & District Preschool Centre – $1285
- Warrnambool East Kindergarten – $1285
- Florence Collins Childrens Services Complex – $1285
- Lions Hopkins Kindergarten – $1285
- Warrnambool South Kindergarten – $1285
- Sherwood Park Child Care Centre – $1285
- The Matron Swinton Child Care Centre - $1285
In total, there were more than 500 successful applications granted for kinders right across the state, from Horsham in Western Victoria to Lakes Entrance in East Gippsland, as well as across metropolitan Melbourne.
The Labor Government is investing a record $123.6 million to build, expand and improve early years infrastructure across Victoria to ensure local families can continue to access great local kindergartens, including $10 million targeting growth areas.
Families are set to benefit from the Government’s $202.1 million Education State Early Childhood Reform Plan, which provides strong support in early childhood so kids are ready for kinder and ready for school.
For more information on recipients and the program, go to schoolbuildings.vic.gov.au.
Quotes attributable to Member for Western Victoria, Gayle Tierney
“Kindergartens are a key part of community facilities and services, so it’s crucial that they are well provided for in terms of modern up to date equipment.”
“Better quality early childhood services means a better start in life for our kids – these upgrades will give our little residents here in the south west an even better kindergarten experience.”
Quotes attributable to Minister for Early Childhood Education Jenny Mikakos
“We’re delivering unprecedented investment in early childhood services across the state so our children can get the most out of their kinder years.”